Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Textured Snowflakes


Great news--we have two more winners in Bingo!  Both Cassie and Divya hit the (very small) holiday jackpot with yesterday's post.  Congrats ladies!  Leave a comment to let me know what color you'd like your medallion in, and what initial I should use.

For everyone else, this means it's time to reset your Bingo cards again.  Clear off all the marks from the last two rounds, and check off the candle as the first piece in this round.  Good luck!

Today's card features a new technique--embedded elements.  I stamped the blue snowflakes in Pacific Point on Baja Breeze, using the Northern Hearts hostess set, and then cut out some additional snowflakes in Very Vanilla using my trusty Big Shot and the Northern Flurry decorative strip die.  For the first time, I used the adhesive backing for my paper before die-cutting it, and the result was just wonderful--I didn't get adhesive all over my table, and the snowflakes were very easy to position.  I like this!

Once I had everything in place, I used my Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder to give the whole thing texture.  It's such a simple process, but the results are outstanding.  The Vanilla snowflakes get pressed together with the base paper so that it looks like they melted right into it.

I mounted my textured piece on Perfect Plum, but was at a loss for a sentiment (or where to put it).  Any suggestions?

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Northern Hearts
Ink: Pacific Point
Paper: Perfect Plum, Baja Breeze
Extras: Big Shot, Northern Flurry decorative strip die, Square Lattice embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment