Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sparkly Pine Redux


Here is my CASE of Kelli Lichentenberg's Regionals swap card, which I absolutely love.  Now that I know how to use Dazzling Diamonds, I thought I should try my hand at making my own.  How do they compare?

For this, I used Old Olive Craft ink, which is much thicker and stickier than the Classic ink pads, so I didn't need Versamark at all.  I dusted the Heat and Stick powder over the Old Olive tree, heated it, dusted everything with Dazzling Diamonds, and heated it again for a shine that won't rub off.  After I finished that, I realized that Kelli must have used a different adhesive on her card, since the color of the tree shines through more brightly in her version.  All the same, I really like how this turned out, and it was very simple to do!

The finishing touches are nearly the same as Kelli's--Serene Snowflakes in Old Olive on Whisper White, then embossed using the Big Shot and Square Lattice embossing folder.  The only alteration to her great layout that I made was to inch the tree a little higher, and use the Modern Label punch to pop out my sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

I hope you're ready for Christmas!  Today's bingo piece is the yellow bell.  Good luck!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Serene Snowflakes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Old Olive, Old Olive Craft
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White
Extras: Heat and Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, heat tool, Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Modern Label punch

No comments:

Post a Comment