Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Snowman Mojo


As I mentioned, I love snowmen.  I also prefer snow, especially if it's going to be this cold, but no luck yet.  The good news is that I head North for Christmas, and you can always count on a white blanket in the snow belt.  Whew!

This card uses the same sketch as yesterday's winking Santa--can you tell?  I used the Mojo Monday sketch 168, and my interpretation is a bit more literal this time...though it's still not an exact match.  But that's ok; sketches are for inspiration and this one has my creative juices flowing!  I stamped the snowman from Jolly Old Saint Nick in Pacific Point (my favorite shade of blue) on White Naturals, then inked the snowflakes from the same set in Bashful Blue for the background base of the card.  My sentiment is from Snow Swirled, a long time favorite, and the fun finishing pieces are the Bashful Blue ribbon (retired, sorry), Whisper White snowflakes cut out using the Big Shot and Northern Flurry decorative strip, and five Basic Rhinestones that I lined up with the Mat Pack guide.

A quick note about adhesives--you might have overlooked it, but there's a fantastic new addition to Stampin' Up!'s line-up on page 17 of the Holiday Mini.  Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets are just the thing for adhering oddly shaped pieces to your cards and scrapbook pages.  You can either adhere the entire sheet to your paper before running it through the Big Shot, or press a cut piece (as I did with these snowflakes) between the backing paper and the glue to get them nice and sticky.  This is the perfect alternative to snail for die cuts and paper strips that are too thin.  It makes things much easier, and really cuts down on the use of the adhesive eraser!  Be sure to give these a try; you're bound to love them!

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for.  Today's bingo piece is...the ornament.  Good luck!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Jolly Old Saint Nick, Snow Swirled
Ink: Pacific Point, Bashful Blue
Paper: Pacific Point, White Naturals, Whisper White
Extras: Big Shot, Northern Flurry decorative strip die, Basic Rhinestones, Mat Pack, Bashful Blue Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (retired)

2 comments:

  1. Melanie,
    This is a really fun thing! Thanks for sending me the bingo card, and for staying in touch! I'm inspired to use the stamps I bought from you in the summer to do some fun Christmas stuff!

    Carol, your Winterthur pal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! That snowman is so cute. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete