Friday, December 3, 2010

Jolly Santa


Today's bingo piece is...Christmas tree light.  Mark your cards!  Anyone getting close?  :)

I absolutely love this Santa image.  Not only is he jolly, but I swear that this is the same winking Santa face that was in the copy of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas that my Grandfather used to teach me to read.  It's possible that I didn't learn how to read with this book, that maybe I just memorized the poem and "read" it back to Grandpa using the pictures, but let's not be too picky, ok?

For this card, which measures 5x5, I used my Big Shot and Top Note die to make the fun, quasi-star background for Santa.  The trick to getting this funky square is to rote your Top Note 90 degrees after cutting, then cut it again.  I did this with Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, and White Naturals, then trimmed the perforated edge off the white piece with my Paper Snips.  I inked Santa in Riding Hood Red, and that was pretty much it.

But I wasn't satisfied.  So the final touch on this card is a little bit of bling--I used Basic Rhinestones for each of the corners of the Riding Hood Red square.  Now it's a festive card!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Jolly Old Saint Nick
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Paper: White Naturals, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake
Extras: Big Shot, Top Note die, Paper Snips, Basic Rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment