Friday, December 24, 2010

Blast from the Past


We're getting right down to the wire.  Today's bingo piece is the star...and you're playing for a complete card kit that includes stamps, ink and cardstock pre-cut for your creative fun.  Anyone lucky?

This card is something I whipped up quickly...because I found a scrap that I had stamped long ago with A Rose is a Rose.  I love how two-step stamps give such a rich, layered look.  TIPS:  Always start with the solid image in the lighter color, and build from there.  Use a post-it to mask and layer flowers over leaves, etc.

Since I had already done the hard work of stamping, the only thing I did to make this card was carefully cut out the flowers using my Paper Snips, and adhere them to a card base.  The trimming is a little fussy, but well worth the effort, I think.

For those of you celebrating, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Eve.
Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: A Rose is a Rose
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Green Galore, Glorious Green
Paper: Whisper White, Close to Cocoa
Extras: Paper Snips, Stamp-a-majig

No comments:

Post a Comment