Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sweet and Simple Wedding Invite


Today's Bingo piece is the snowman!  Did I mention that I love that guy?  I do.

Today's project is not for the holidays, but I needed a break.  This is by far the simplest wedding invitation that I've designed--and that works for me, since I'll be making lots of these!  A. and V. are planning a small, simple garden wedding and wanted invitations to match, but in bright colors that would match their spirits.  I made this demo just because I wanted to play with the Wedding Sweet set, but they loved it.  And why wouldn't they?  It's hard not to love silver heat embossing.


The invitation is flat, so this is the back.  The belly band holds together any inserts that they may want, like RSVP cards or directions.  It also makes it feel like you're "opening" the invitation, even though there's nothing to unfold.  The initials are from Monogram Sweet, and stamped in Night of Navy on White Naturals.  I used the Wide Oval punch to pop the initials, and mounted that on the Decorative Label punch from the holiday mini.


This is the back of the invitation, where the actual text will go.  Since this is a flat invite, I opted for three layers to make it feel more sturdy, and used my Corner Rounder punch on each layer for an easy, polished look.  What do you think?

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Wedding Sweet, Monogram Sweet
Ink: VersaMark, Night of Navy
Paper: Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, White Naturals
Extras: Decorative Label punch, Wide Oval punch, Corner Rounder punch, Silver embossing powder, heat tool

1 comment:

  1. ok? I thought I posted something earlier...weird! Okay, I'll try again: something pink and the letter "c". Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete