Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Game is On!

Welcome to Holiday Bingo!  I hope you have your cards in hand, and that you'll check daily to see what bingo piece to mark off next.  Since everything kicks off today, I thought we should begin with some ground rules or guide lines for how this will work.

  • 5 in a row, in any direction (horizontal, vertical, diagonal) counts as BINGO!  When you get 5 in a row, leave us a comment to shout out BINGO and we'll send you an email so you can claim your prize.
  • There are prizes!  You'll see these interspersed with other holiday projects, so it's another great reason to check in daily.
  • Bingo is continuous until Dec 25, which means we'll start a new round as soon as one ends.  When we have a bingo winner, I'll announce at the top of the post and tell everyone to "reset your cards."  This means you should find a way to keep track of your bingo squares without crossing the whole thing off--maybe hash marks in the corner.  I recommend using different colors of ink for each round, just to make things easier.
If you have questions, just let us know.  The main goal is to have fun, and share some holiday warm-up excitement with each other.  HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Drumroll please...today's bingo piece is...the penguin!

Today's featured project is our blog's new look for December.  I whipped this up last night in My Digital Studio, using a combination of the newest downloads available and stamps that come with the software program.  I love the ornaments of the Tree Trimmings set, which you see on the sides of the blog (and saw on my holiday cards last year), and thought it was the perfect match for the tree decorating silhouette from Welcome Christmas, one of Stampin' Up!'s new stamp sets and digital downloads.  Trust me, I'll be doing more with that stamp!  The snowflakes blowing across our blog header also were included with My Digital Studio...and they're my wishful thinking on this gray, rainy day for some prettier winter weather.

Cheers!
~Melanie

My Digital Studio: Tree Trimmings, Welcome Christmas, Snow Burst, Old Saint Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment