Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gift Tag Set


Today's bingo piece is...the snowman!  I must admit, he's my favorite, but I'm partial to snowmen.

The project I'm sharing today is another quick and easy project, thanks to Stampin' Up!'s Simply Scrappin' kits.  Each year, the Idea Book and Catalog has a holiday-themed kit, which includes everything you need to make nicely coordinated scrapbook pages of the holidays: four patterns of designer series paper, coordinating cardstock, and six sheets of self-adhesive die cuts.  I love these things...though I've yet to make a scrapbook with them!  For me, these are a perfect little kit of cardmaking essentials.


Of course, I hadn't actually used my Simply Scrappin' kits from the last two years, so these cards were made from the retired Christmas Jingle kit.  These four cards measure 3x3, and are perfect for gift tags, a quick note with baked goods for your neighbors, or to stick in lunch sacks and book bags for some extra holiday cheer.


I didn't even do any stamping for these!  The images on each card are from the die cut sheets, which essentially made this a sticker project.  Who doesn't like stickers, especially when they look this nice?


For the Dec. 25 box, I used my Big Shot and the Scallop Envelope die.  I cut two of the envelopes, then trimmed the long flap on each down to 1/2".  This way, they fit together perfectly to form a thin box that four cards and four envelopes fit into.  It's a quick and simple gift for a friend, a co-worker, a party hostess, a teacher.  I'm making up a number of these card boxes, both for the holidays and beyond, because these are also the perfect size for stocking stuffers.


In case you're close on Bingo, I'll give a set of these, along with some gift card holders and other gift giving essentials, to the winner of the first round.  Good luck!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Simply Scrappin' Christmas Jingle (retired), Big Shot, Scallop Envelope die, Crease Pad

2 comments: