Friday, October 31, 2014

Freshly Made Snowy Flashback



It's another Flashback Friday!  And I have a confession...of all the paper I don't use in time, the worst offender is anything from the Holiday Catalog.  I always love everything and try to use restraint, but by the time the catalog ends, I've seen so many great ideas and have so many more of my own that I've gone overboard, AGAIN, even though I still have a stash of stamps and paper that I didn't use from last year.



And so here we are.  I love the Festive Flurry stamp set and matching framelits, even though I've barely used them.  So when I saw this week's sketch on Freshly Made Sketches, all I could see was snowflakes, and it gave me an excuse to bust out the nearly full pack of last year's Winter Frost DSP.  I'm a sucker for bold geometric patterns, and surprised I didn't use more of that pattern last year...though maybe it's because I was so behind that I didn't get all my Christmas cards sent!

I'm trying hard not to repeat that lapse this year, and pleased with this sparkly creation.  It's mailable!
Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Festive Flurry
Ink: Silver Encore
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Winter Frost DSP, Silver Glimmer
Extras: Banner framelits, Festive Flurry framelits, Northern Frost decorative strip die

6 comments:

  1. I have the same problem. In fact, I also have the Festive Flurry set and the Winter Frost dsp - both barely used!! I love your big snowflake backed with those papers - very elegant! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll break yours out soon--both the paper and stamps/Framelits are fantastic. I had so much fun!

      Delete
  2. This paper certainly brings back memories! Fabulous card - gorgeous colors! Love all the white space on this fabulous card! And the negative die cut is a perfect feature. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good memories, I hope! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. LOL I used this paper today! I still have way too much left. I love what you did with it; I never got the snowflake set, but it is perfect with the paper. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you can go wrong with this paper at all. I hope you like your card as much as I love this sketch!

      Delete