Tuesday, October 14, 2014

All In on Blendabilities



I hope you had a lovely long weekend!  Mine was great--it was the first time in quite a few weeks that we stayed at home, which meant that I had lots of time to play with my newest Stampin' Up! goodies, as well as some old favorites.  Creating is relaxing and so much fun!

I'm sharing this card first because I think that Blendabilities are my new favorite thing.  Blendabilities are alcohol markers that come in sets of three shades of the same color, so you can shade and blend (hence the name) to give your coloring dimension.  Stampin' Up! first introduced them over the summer, and I wasn't sure that they would be for me.  I thought they'd be too fussy and, as much as I love the SU's regular markers, I rarely color with them.  (I use them to ink parts of stamps.)

After playing with Blendabilities for the first time on Sunday, I can say that I was wrong and these are definitely for me and for everyone else!  You start with the darkest shade and overlap the medium and then the lightest, which gave an old favorite--Pleasant Poppies--a whole new way to pop off the card stock.  I just love how much these look like real flowers or printed paper, and can't wait to get more colors in Blendabilities and try them on everything.

This was super easy, lots of fun, and is just gorgeous.  I can't wait to get this card in the mail.

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Pleasant Poppies
Ink: Memento Black, Pear Pizzazz
Paper: Whisper White, Canteloupe Crisp
Blendabilities: Cherry Cobber, Pumpkin Pie, Coastal Cabana, Rich Razzleberry, Calypso Coral

No comments:

Post a Comment