Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Making the Most of My Paper Pumpkin


This is the year, I swear, when my holiday packages will look fabulous as they go through the mail!  And by fabulous, I mean home crafted and personalized.


When we were moving, I loved the boxes from My Paper Pumpkin for corralling lots of little odds and ends.  They're a fabulous size and so useful.  And then, when we got here, I recycled them.  I wish I hadn't!


After making my birthday cards from Monday's post, I had a major aha! moment--and one that I got a little to excited about, I'm sure.  You can turn the Paper Pumpkin boxes inside out, and they're a great stamping surface!  Inside out, you have a kraft box, which seems to be quite trendy right now, just waiting for you to ink it up.

I used regular ink and the Festival of Trees stamp set for the first box, and then embossed the second with the retired Festive Flurry stamps.  I think the embossing will be even better than stamping for the mail, since the images won't run or blur if the mailman gets caught in the rain.


I can't believe I recycled all those other boxes!  This is such a fabulous idea, if I do say so myself, and sure to be fun even before the package gets opened.  I also discovered that I can do this with some shoeboxes too--if they aren't glued together, they're really easy to turn inside out and offer lots of stamping space, as well as room for bigger gifts.  Depending on your shoe size that is!

I'm still giddy about this project and I just love how these gift boxes turned out.  Plus I found a way to take My Paper Pumpkin goodies even further.  That's a win in my book!

Cheers!
~Melanie

My Paper Pumpkin
Stamps: Festival of Trees; Festive Flurry (retired)
Ink: Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Pacific Point, Going Gray, Tangelo Twist; Versamark
Extras: White, Pool Party and Tempting Turquoise embossing powders

No comments:

Post a Comment