Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Haunted Houses


Though I've been stamping for years, I've never made a Halloween card.  So this is my first, and I rather love it.  The Holiday Home stamp set is primed for every holiday, and was so much fun to play with.  I wasn't planning to make a Halloween card, but once I got done coloring and cutting out my houses, I really wanted to use that ghost to pop out of the chimney...and things just went from there.

Some of my favorite things here are how bright the houses are--thanks to Blendabilities!  I didn't do much shading, since the spaces are so small, but these markers are also fantastic for loading up with vivid color.  They remind me of cartoon houses.

I'm also in love with the little details: the spider on the door of the middle house (yuck!), the bats winging back and forth, and that perfect little jack-o-lantern that shows on the inside of the card as well.  Too cute!

So, I hope you're ready for Halloween and that, even if things are spooky, they are also so much fun.
Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Holiday Home
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Grey, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Blendabilities in Calypso Coral, Rich Razzleberry, Cherry Cobbler, Coastal Cabana, White Stampin' Chalk Marker
Paper: Whisper White, Smoky Slate
Extras: Homemade Holiday framelits

No comments:

Post a Comment