Monday, November 10, 2014

Sparkly Santa


I had to do some traveling last week, and only part of it was planned, so everything has been up in the air.  But a great thing was that I visited my aunt and upline in her Stampin' Loft (aka, my stamping heaven!) and got to play with some fantastic stamps that I don't have.  I also got oodles of inspiration from all the things she's been doing to get ready for the holidays, so stay tuned.

I just love this fun card that we made.  More fun with blendabilities!  Santa looks so real, and so cheery with his rosy cheeks, not to mention all that snow in his beard.  It's a pretty simple card to make, and I'm sure it will be lots of fun to receive.

Two quick notes before you make your own:

  • Remember that Dazzling Details needs time to dry!  I didn't have a lot of time, since I had to get back on the road, and his beard is a little smeared.  Still cute, but not as perfect as when I made it.
  • To only use the borders from Just Sayin', you'll want to put a piece of scotch (or wash) tape over the sentiment and use markers to do the inking.  That way you won't get any shadow stamping from leftover ink, and have the perfect space to insert your own greeting.  

That's all you need to know.  Go have some fun with your own Christmas card making!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Santa Stache, Just Sayin', Good Greetings
Ink: Memento Black, Blendabilities in Cherry Cobbler, Skin Tones, and Calypso Coral
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Glimmer White, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer
Extras: Mustache Framelits, Word Bubbles Framelits, Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack

No comments:

Post a Comment