Friday, October 24, 2014

Baby Smiles


Of course, I had to make a baby card to go along with the library starter pack I shared on Wednesday. But, since I don't have kids or many baby stamps, I wasn't sure what I would have to work with.  A quick look at my stamp shelves and I knew I was in luck, thanks to one of Stampin' Up!'s many all-purpose stamp sets.  This little ducky is from Embellished Events, and it was fun to ink up with my markers for a bright image.

I also love the sentiment, which isn't a traditional baby sentiment but fits just perfectly: "So many smiles...begin with you."  How true!  Once I found that couplet in Petite Pairs, this card came together really quickly and I got my package out on time.  That's a personal win-win.

This card also fits my "flashback friday" goal, since I used some retired DSP for the front, inside and coordinating envelope.  I just love how quick it is to make a "fancy" envelope with the Envelope Punch Board.  If you don't have one...well, what are you waiting for?

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, full of smiles!
~Melanie

Stamps: Embellished Events, Petite Pairs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Marvelous Markers in Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, and Pacific Point
Paper: Pacific Point, Polka Dot Parade, Tangelo Twist, Gumball Green, Whisper White
Extras: Chalk Talk framelits, Bitty Banners framelits, Envelope Punch Board

No comments:

Post a Comment