Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Golden Joy



Another from my long crafting weekend.  I first saw this technique and this card on Mary Fish's blog, and I immediately knew I had to make it for myself.

First of all, I thought layering and building up the "Joy" cut out was genius, and I love how it gives the card easy dimension as well as instant interest--in person, you can see that the layers below the gold foil are Island Indigo.


Secondly, while I might have used the Stripes decorative mask diagonally, I would have never thought to use only partially color it in.  I also love how the smears of ink give the card a clean and abstract look.

It's so simple, and so pretty!  If you want to make one of these yourself--and you should--check out Mary Fish's video on how to use Adhesive Sheets before you use your framelits.  It makes this gorgeous card much easier than it looks.


Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Endless Birthday Wishes
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Island Indigo
Paper: Gold Foil, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Extras: Wonderful Wreath framelits, Dots and Stripes Decorative Masks, Sponge Daubers

No comments:

Post a Comment