Friday, January 14, 2011

Thoughts of Love

I'm a big fan of this heart-filled thought bubble, and thought about using it with the fox on yesterday's card...but decided the owl punch would be an even better fit.  This cute little card is 2"x3"--just perfect to fit in Scallop Envelope and give as valentines to everyone in your class (if you're in 3rd grade), or tuck into a brief case, lunch bag, box of chocolates, etc (for us older folk).

The star of this show is definitely punches, since that thought bubble is the only stamping on this card.  I used the Two-Step Owl punch, and borrowed the branch from the Two-Step Bird punch.  The extra special pop on this card is the owl's belly, which I punched out of Red Glimmer Paper (pg 7 of the Occasions Mini).  I thought I loved Dazzling Diamonds...and I do, but this is even better!  I didn't have to do any work to create this shine, and it doesn't rub off or shed glitter on everything it touches.

Would you like to make some cute cards like this?  Well, just send me an email and set up a party for you and your friends now.  I still have a few January dates left!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Valentine Defined
Ink: Real Red
Paper: Very Vanilla, Red Glimmer, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Old Olive
Extras: Two-Step Owl punch, Two-Step Bird punch

No comments:

Post a Comment