Friday, January 21, 2011

Robin Eggs


TIP:  To make a really simple card, let the paper take center stage.  I did no stamping for this card, though I'll add a sentiment to the inside when I'm ready to send it.  Instead, I'm featuring one of the beautiful designs from the Botanical Gazette designer series paper (pg. 26 of the Occasions Mini).  I trimmed the corner with the robin and her eggs to 4"x 5.25", then mounted this on two coordinating colors--a 4-1/8"x 5-3/8" piece of Early Espresso and a Marina Mist card base.  Very easy!

The Botanical Gazette dsp is the only item I ordered out of the Botanical Gazette Suite, since I'm not sure how to use "natural" stamps, as I admitted on Wednesday.  But now that the coordinating stamp, Nature Stamp brush and the Botanical Gazette dsp are available as digital downloads (for $5.90 total!  what a steal!), I think I'll spring for both and put together a little scrapbook of my favorite flower photos.  What would you do?

Cheers!
~Melanie

Paper: Botanical Gazette dsp, Early Espresso, Marina Mist

No comments:

Post a Comment