Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oh Sew Suite


Now that you've had a chance to check out the Occasions Mini, don't you just want it all?  I love each of the different "suites" or styles in this Mini, and for entirely different reasons.  But, like you, my wishlist outstrips my stamping funds.  Instead of ordering everything, I chose a favorite item from each of the suites and will build from here.

First up, from Oh Sew Suite, are the adorable Sweet Stitches Rub Ons (pg 36).  It's been a while since I've raved about rub ons, so I think it's ok to indulge--these things are fantastic!!  First of all, there's no ink and no mess, which I appreciate every once in a while.  I also love how sharp the images are, and the fact that you get true color on color with these (see that yellow measuring tape?  I couldn't have done that with a stamp unless it was on white paper.)  And the process couldn't be easier--you cut out the image you'd like to use, remove the backing paper, and then literally rub it on to your cardstock, where it sticks and stays.  I'm going to use these all up in no time!

On this card, the pins, the measuring tape and the little girl are all from Sweet Stitches.  I also borrowed my palette--Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip--from the Oh Sew Suite line up.  The other new Mini item on this card is the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder (pg. 28).  I almost missed this great new embossing folder, which is perfect for adding a sharp edge and dimension to your card front, so be sure to double check your Mini for this and other hidden gems.  My sentiment is from Fabulous Phrases, which I punched out with the Word Window (and then hand trimmed the Chocolate Chip for a thin border).

Thanks to Mojo Monday for the great layout--Mojo172.

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Fabulous Phrases
Ink: Melon Mambo
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Extras: Big Shot, Framed Tulips embossing folder, Sweet Stitches rub ons, Circle Scissors Plus, Glass Mat, Word Window, Paper Snips

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet card. Love that embossed frame. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete