Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Flamingo Love


Usually I don't get the Valentine/love stamp sets because I don't really get excited about them.  (See last year's attempts to come up with a Valentine card if you don't believe me!)  For some reason, the cute hearts and sweet sentiments don't call to me in the same way that the other stamp sets do.  But the Occasions Mini has a FANTASTIC set, Valentine Defined, on page 9.  I like ALL the images in this set, so expect to see lots more cards made with it.

This card actually features my least favorite image, the lovebird flamingos.  But aren't they cute?  And this card is SUPER simple--no cutting, no layers, just stamping!  I inked up the flamingos in Melon Mambo and did my best to put them in a straight line across the card (thank you, clear mount!)  Then I chose the "love you" sentiment from the same set, inked it up with Basic Gray, and stamped it on scrap paper before putting it to the card, so I'd have a softer shade of gray.  My final touch is a large Basic Pearl to cover the O.

Simple and fun; I like it!
Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Valentine Defined
Ink: Melon Mambo, Basic Gray
Paper: Very Vanilla
Extras: Basic Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment