Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Flamingos Take Two


I thought it would be fun to step up yesterday's super simple card, and use more of the complimentary Love Impressions rub ons from Stampin' Up!  [Want the real story behind this card?  I misjudged on my first try for yesterday's card, so the flamingos weren't centered.  Not a problem!  I cut out these three flamingos and recycled them onto this card.]

For my color scheme, I went with the soft colors Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink and Very Vanilla.  I used the Scallop Edge Border and Corner punches to make the Pretty in Pink mat, and there was no measuring required!  Since I already had my flamingos piece cut, I used that as a guide for where to make the corners.  TIP:  When using these punches for a full mat, make sure your sides are square...otherwise the corners won't match up!

I used Very Vanilla 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon for some interest along the bottom, and decided that I wasn't up for making a bow.  Instead, I decided to embellish the ribbon itself.  DID YOU KNOW that you apply rub ons directly to ribbon?  You can, even if it's ribbed, and this is one of my favorite effects for a neatly pulled together card.  My finishing touch is four large Basic Pearls to space the hugs and kisses, and this card is ready to go.

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Valentine Defined
Ink: Melon Mambo
Paper: Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla
Extras: Very Vanilla 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Love Impressions rub ons, Scallop Edge border punch, Scallop Edge corner punch

No comments:

Post a Comment