Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Pop of Color


I know I showed you the color embossing powders from the Summer Mini once before, but I don't think I had grasped their full potential.  While it's fun to emboss in color on white, these powders really strut their stuff on darker cardstock.  That's why I say hello hello hello to a Melon Mambo embossed delicate doily on Basic Gray cardstock.

See anything new here?  You should--it's a double sneak peek for the 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalog, which goes live this Friday!  The main image is from a new stamp set, Delicate Doilies, that is oh so much fun to play with (embossed or no!).  But my absolute favorite thing about this card is the the new punch, Lace Ribbon Border.  That's another great pop of color.  The sentiment is from Happy Greetings, which you can find in the Summer Mini.  Sadly, this great set of sentiments did not make the cut for the IBC, but I happen to think that this edition of the idea book has the best sentiment sets ever, so I can't feel too bad.

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Delicate Doilies, Happy Everything
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Basic Gray, Melon Mambo
Extras: Melon Mambo embossing powder, Wild Wasabi embossing powder, Lace Ribbon Border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment