Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Birthday Mojo


I'm a huge fan of this week's Mojo Monday Sketch #194, and that was my launching point for this card. Engraved Greetings is also on the retiring list, which means we bid farewell to this great stamp set in a few short week.  Since I've recently been caught unprepared for a couple birthdays, I decided to put this stamp through its paces and stock up on some birthday cards.

I started by making the medallion, and then had to flip the sketch because the medallion took up too much space horizontally.  I inked my stamp in Pacific Point and stamped on Whisper White, then used my 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch to cut out the sentiment.  I punched a second scallop from Pacific Point and adhered the two to create the offset look, and then got out my Circle Scissors Plus and Glass Cutting Mat to quickly create a 2-1/2" circle of Rich Razzleberry.  A little ribbon and my medallion was all set.

Next up were the stripes on the card base, which are 3/4" strips of Pacific Point evenly spaced (hint: lay out 7 strips, and then adhere only those you need.  Remover the others for perfect spacing!)  Instead of the card sketch's big scallops, I used the scalloped edge punch on both sides of a strip of Rich Razzleberry, and then layered a piece of Pacific Point punched with the Dotted Ribbon punch.  My finishing touch was a row of Basic Rhinestones, because what birthday card doesn't need a little bling?

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Engraved Greetings
Ink: Pacific Point
Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry
Extras: 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch, Scallop Edge punch,  Dotted Ribbon punch, Basic Rhinestones, Circle Scissors Plus, Glass Cutting Mat, Whisper White 5/8" Taffeta Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment