Monday, November 15, 2010

Snowflakes Get Spoiled w/Aluminum Foil!

Gotta love a good rhyme, huh?  Happy Monday!

It's been one stressful weekend, jam-packed with things to do...namely, moving!  Ahh, the chaos, the stress and finally, the sense of completion when it's all done.  I'm almost there.

Good thing I made this card (and the next few) during our Spooky Saturday Stampin' Celebration over Halloween weekend.  I know it's hard to believe but Thanksgiving is almost here!!!  And that means, the holidays are right around the corner.  I like to get a head start on all things holidays by buying gifts early and getting my cards out early so my friends and family have more time to display them! =)  I hope this post gets you motivated to start your holiday cards.

You've already seen what I am sending out this year (if you missed it, search "Dasher") and though it's a beauty, I had fun playing with some other holiday stamp sets as well.  For this one, I tried to add shimmer with ordinary kitchen aluminum foil.  I think it's a quick & easy way to add some bling (without having to get out the embossing powder heat tool).  What do you think?

Hint: Use heavy duty aluminum foil.  I didn't have any on hand so I used the regular thin foil and it was hard to get the intricate cut-out of the die.  Plus, heavy duty foil is much easier to run the tape runner on (without tearing the snowflake) and much easier to handle when adhering to the card.

Happy Stamping!
~Kiran

Stamp Sets: Northern Hearts, Jolly Bingo Bits, Many Merry Messages
Ink: Pacific Point
Paper: Crumb Cake
Extras: Big Shot, Northern Frost Decorative Strip die, aluminum foil, white ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment