Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fall Wedding Invitation #1


Recently, I've been very busy with wedding invitations, so you can expect to see lots more of these in the coming weeks/months.  I have three samples for a wedding next fall that I'll be sharing first.  The couple is planning to take advantage of all the fall color, and wanted to carry that theme over to their invitations.  I can do that!!

You'll recognize this criss-cross pocket style from Hitty's and Steve's bold and bright summer wedding.  With just a quick change of the colors and stamps, this is ready for fall.  I used Chocolate Chip and Tangerine Tango (which has suddenly replaced Pumpkin Pie for my go-to fall shade of orange) for the folder, and stamped images from With Gratitude (retired) in Cajun Craze.  I'm so glad I got that stamp set!

For the cluster of falling leaves, I used my Big Shot and the Leaves #2 die to cut out Cajun Craze, So Saffron, and Old Olive, then embossed the couples' initials in gold using the Lovely Letters stamp set.  The amphersand is inked in Chocolate Chip, and all the leaves are popped with the dimmensionals for a little extra interest.

The insert card you see, which is where the invitation text will go, is Naturals Ivory mounted on Cajun Craze, and I rounded all the corners with the Corner Rounder Punch.

This is a large format invitation, 5.5 x 8.5 inches, which means that I need full sheets of each Chocolate Chip and Tangerine Tango to make the pocket.  The couple decided they want something smaller...so this invitation is up for grabs.  Are you planning a fall wedding?

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: With Gratitude, Lovely Letters
Ink: Cajun Craze, VersaMark, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze, Naturals Ivory, So Saffron, Old Olive
Extras: Big Shot, Leaves #2 die, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, dimmensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment