Friday, November 19, 2010

Fall Wedding Invite #2


Here's the second fall wedding invitation sample I came up with.  I got my colors from the Autumn Spice Speciality Designer Series Paper, which currently graces our blog header and background--I love using Designer Series Paper (DSP) for new and different color combinations.  I'm doing a similar borrowing for my Christmas cards!

Other than the colors, this is very similar to yesterday's invitation--except for its size.  The invitation I shared yesterday was quite large, but this uses half sheets of paper for each side of the cross over pocket, so the finished product is the same size as my normal card, approximately 4.25 x 5.5 inches.  

I used the same With Gratitude (retired) stamp set for the leaf images, and stamped them in matching colors to the paper (so Old Olive on Old Olive and Early Espresso on Early Espresso) to have a sharp tone on tone look.  With darker colors of paper, I find that stamping tone on tone is more visible than using VersaMark ink.


I wasn't sure how I felt about More Mustard as the background for the invitation text, so I also made an insert with Naturals Ivory.  I think that small change tones down the entire palette, and gives this invitation a more refined look.  And this is very close (but not quite!) to the invitation that the couple choose.  Stay tuned for more!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: With Gratitude (retired)
Ink: Old Olive, Early Espresso
Paper: Old Olive, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Naturals Ivory

No comments:

Post a Comment