Monday, June 4, 2012
What's on Your List?
Now that you've had the weekend to check out the new 2012-13 Stampin' Up! Catalog, what are your favorites? I'm going to share my Top Ten Gotta-Have-'Em--which means you'll have an idea of what I'm using on my next great projects. I'm looking forward to seeing your favorites as well, so let me know by leaving a comment!
1. For the Holidays--or all winter long--my pick is Stylin' Snowfolk on page 16. Adorable! And the best part is I can make endless snow-people for any occasion, all winter long. It's like a Potato Head but in stamps! Bonus: this stamp will be great fun to share with kids....
2. For anytime--Betsy's Blossoms on page 72. You may have seen lots of this set already, since it was available for demonstrator preorder, and you're bound to see many many more samples. This set is great, and offers endless possibilities. Plus I love it's bright and cheery only slightly retro vibe!
3. For fun flowers--it's a tie! I love both Bright Blossoms and Summer Silhouettes on page 82. Bright Blossoms is fun and funky with a modern vibe, and I'm loving the two-step-ness of the dandelion in Summer Silhouettes.
4. Coordination! If you also love Bright Blossoms, be sure to check out the coordinating Summer Smooches DSP on page 165. Give me bold colors any day!
5. This one is for Kiran...World Treasures on page 98. Wowzers! That peacock is fabulous, the triple flower is great, and I couldn't agree with that sentiment more. This beautiful stamp set is bound to make stunning cards...and I just can't wait to emboss that peacock.
6. Simply stunning--check out Daydream Medallions on page 117, and be sure to catch the matching Floral Frames Framelits on page 191. Wow!! And wouldn't photographs look great inside those medallions? I think yes.
7. Feeling sentimental? Then you must get From My Heart on page 139. These sentiments with their beautiful embellishment are enough for a card on their own, and will be delightful in multiple shades provided by Many Marvelous Markers.
8. For delicious detail, the new Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack is fantastic, and be sure to get the new Stampin' Pierce Mat and new Paper-Piercing Tool (all on page 181). These will be a great step up for all kinds of projects, and my favorite new pick for the Big Shot...
9. ....Apothecary Accents Framelits on page 191. Oh my, aren't the new framelits offerings fantastic? They will make delightful embellishments and accents for every project.
10. Finally, how can I choose among the new embossing folders (page 189)?! They are outstanding. In keeping with recent trends though, the Chevron Folder is my #1 choice for everything, especially when paired with my choice of the hostess sets.
If you host a party (or place an order) that totals $150, you're eligible for hostess dollars that you can use for Carry On (page 203), which is headed my way as you read.
So, what did I miss? What are you itching to play with and see samples from? Leave a comment to let me know, and give some inspiration for both me and Kiran.