Friday, June 22, 2012

Bazaar Birthday


Happy Friday!  I hope you're excited for the weekend, and that maybe you'll fit in a little stamping fun. I hope to!

The inspiration for this card came from a sample on Stampin' Connection, a site for demonstrators to share ideas, questions, tips and--of course--their creations.  This constant font of inspiration is one of many perks of being a demonstrator, even if you're only in it for a discount on your hobby--let me know if you're interested.  The original was made by Maree Streeter of Inky Moose using Betsy's Blossoms and the Floral District DSP.  Of course, since I'm on an International Bazaar kick, I altered the stamps, colors and paper to fit my project.

The medallion in the back is from Daydream Medallions, and I think I could even have used the larger medallion to give it that happy, sunshine feel.  My paper strips, which are the PERFECT way to use up scraps, are .75x1.5 inches, and I just played around with where to lay them.  I think this is a great, fun and cheery birthday card and I think I'll return to this layout often.

And finally, some BLOG CANDY to celebrate 10,000 visitors and thank you for sticking around, even through our long hiatus.  Leave a comment on this post with your favorite card from our blog, and we'll enter your name in a drawing for all 3 of this week's cards, plus a few extra fun things.  We'll accept entries through next Friday, June 29, and announce the winner on July 2. Good luck!

Happy, happy Friday!
~Melanie

Stamps: Daydream Medallions, Curly Cute
Ink: Daffodil Delight
Paper: Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, International Bazaar DSP

No comments:

Post a Comment