Sunday, September 4, 2011

Love-ly Flowers


Here's another card from my trip to stamping heaven at the Loft.  I told Mary Kay that I don't have a good floral go-to set any longer, and I didn't know where to turn because Stampin' Up! has so many great options.  She had this great card on display, and it made it easy for me to choose Field Flowers as my new best floral friend.

Ah, two-step stamping, so glad to have you back!  I've raved about this before, and I will do it again--two-step stamping is by far the easiest way to have a polished look on my cards, and it works especially well when you are using clear mount stamps, as I did here.  I stamped the more solid images in More Mustard, then stamped the outline images in Cajun Craze over the top, and got lots of dimension on my flowers.  I love it!

Since I was at the Loft, Mary Kay had to show me some new techniques, and using the Color Spritzer Tool on this card was so easy!  I love the pebbled look it gave to the main panel.  You just insert a marker of you choice (Early Espresso on this card, I think) and squeeze the air pump on the spritzer.  Yes, that's all it takes.  I might have to get one of those for myself!

Finally, do you like that patterned paper?  It's cut from a sheet of the Well Worn designer series paper, and I just love the look it gives to this card.  Well Worn is perfect for any vintage projects you might be doing, and the color scheme makes it just right for masculine cards.

You can buy any or all of the card ingredients at my online store.  Just use the "Shop Now" button on the right side of the blog, and have fun.

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Field Flowers
Ink: Old Olive, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Early Espresso
Paper: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, White Naturals, Well Worn DSP
Extras: Early Expresso marker, Color Spritzer Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment