Saturday, September 3, 2011

Holiday Mini Top Ten

So, have you decided what you've got to have?  I'm ready to share my favorite picks--many of which you'll be seeing on M&K StampAway over the next few months.

1. Simply Scored Tool (pg. 7)
I am so excited that Stampin' Up! FINALLY has its own scoring tool! Yes, I ordered this during the pre-order, but I have held off using it until now because I would be overeager to share lots and lots of scored wonders with you.  I'll wait no more--and you don't have to either.  Yippee!

2. Pick Your Poison Quick Accents (pg. 9)
I know, I know, they're so creepy!  But I think they're also perfect for hosting your own slightly spooky and totally fun Halloween party.  If you don't think you're up to applying stickers, you can always order the digital download (pg. 8) instead.  That's probably the route I would go...but don't let me bias you against the fun of the real embellishments!

3. Spice Cake Designer Series Paper (pg. 17)
Obviously I'm a fan of this one, since I just changed our blog to use its great patterns for September.  It's a winner, and who knew that blue could be a great fall color?  It's a little brighter than I would think, but Pool Party is soft enough, and such a great match with More Mustard and Pear Pizzazz, that this is a major win for fall in my book.  I'm glad this is also available as a digital download (pg. 18)

4. Gently Falling (pg. 16-17)
I love two-step stamping.  I love leaves for fall.  This is a no-brainer, and fodder for some excellent cards.

5. Holiday Stocking and Stocking Accents dies (pg. 24)
I couldn't wait to share these with you, and I have so many more projects on the way with these stockings for the holidays.  Since stockings are such a big part of my holiday traditions (read more here), these stole my heart from the very start.

6. Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper (pg. 28)
I just raved about this yesterday, and I'll rave again--just look at these warm plaids!  It makes me think of flannel and hot chocolate and sitting by a fireplace while snowflakes fall.  What could be better than stockings cut out of this paper?  I don't know either.  (Yes, this comes as a digital download too, for those of you who prefer to craft without the glue)

7. Mini Jingle Bells (pg. 30)
Need I say more?  These are so much fun, and the jingle they add to your projects will make you--and everyone who receives them--smile wide.

8. Pewter Stampin' Emboss Powder (pg. 31)
I had no idea that I could like any embossing powder better than silver, but pewter takes my breath away! I've used it a few times, and am probably going to go through more than one container this season.  What won't I emboss?

9. Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (pg. 33)
If there's one thing that I really love about the winter, it's snow and snowflakes.  This embossing folder is just perfect for adding a hint of snow to your cards, even if you aren't ready for the real thing.  It also works great on those stockings, which is how you got a sneak peek of this wonder.

10. Stitched Stockings and Stocking Builder Punch (pg. 34)
Okay, so this might be a little overboard on stockings, but the punch and coordinating stamp set is just darling, and will make the cutest cards.  A great way to send some holiday joy (or some coal) to the people in your life this year.  Can you resist?

Whew!  So that's my Top Ten Gotta Have 'Em list for the Holiday Mini, but I like so much more than I could fit into these few numbers.  Silver Glimmer Paper?  Yes.  Dazzling Details?  Definitely.  Peekabo Frames?  I'm already making chocolates for my advent calendar.

So now tell me, what are your favorites?  What do you want see me craft with first?
Cheers!
~Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment