Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall Favorites


Fall suddenly announced its arrival last week with some cold and blustery days, so I took some time yesterday to stamp with some of my fall favorites.  This card has them all (well, almost all)--Spice Cake DSP, Day of Gratitude, and Pursuit of Happiness.  I love the sentiments in that stamp set--you've already seen me use "live in sunshine," and more are coming this week.  It's a must-have all-purpose stamp set, and I just love that the sentiments are perfect for any occasion without being specific to a single one.

For this card, I used my 1" Circle punch to cut out a medallion from the Spice Cake DSP, and used this as a center on the Day of Gratitude medallion.  These are new favorite colors for me--I've never been a fan of More Mustard, but I can't get enough when it's paired with Pool Party.  Such a fresh and crisp combination for fall.

The finishing touch to this card is a strip of Soft Suede, which I punched with Dotted Ribbon punch.  Let me know what you think--what are you loving this fall?

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Day of Gratitude, Pursuit of Happiness
Ink: More Mustard, Soft Suede
Paper: Pool Party, More Mustard, Spice Cake DSP, Soft Suede
Extras: Dotted Ribbon punch, 1" Circle punch

No comments:

Post a Comment