Monday, September 5, 2011

A Friendly Bird


Oh, two-step bird punch, how I love thee!  I was really excited when the new Idea Book & Catalog came out, and it included a stamp set to coordinate with this great punch.  Language of Friendship is the perfect way to take this old favorite to a new level.  I stamped it in Basic Black on Not Quite Navy and again on Garden Green, then punched out my pieces.  TIP: You can do this with the new style punch and still have the punch on the table, which is the easiest way to make them work.  Just flip the punch over--both sides are flat, and it works like a charm.

Since I made this card at the Loft, I was able to take advantage of some supplies that I don't own (yet!) like the great frame my bird is perched in.  The rectangular frame is part of a two-pack of embossing folders (the other is a lovely oval frame) that are in the Idea Book & Catalog--Designer Frames.  I used it with the Big Shot, then sponged over the embossing to make the frame stand out more.

The sentiment is also from Language of Friendship, which makes things easy.  I'm also a fan of its meaning, so this card is ready for the mail.

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Language of Friendship
Ink: Basic Black, Not Quite Navy, Soft Suede (sponging)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy, Garden Green
Extras: Big Shot, Designer Frames, Two-Step Bird Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment