Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Trendy Trees Flashback


Every once in a while, there's a card that you love too much to let it go.  Here's mine!  Almost everything  I used here is retired, but Trendy Trees is still available for you to buy and love.  After this stroll down memory lane, I'm sure I'll have to make an updated version of this card!

To get the two-tone look my trees have, you'll want to use the rock-n-roll technique.  Ink your stamp in your lighter color first, then roll the edges in the darker color you want to use.  Remember!  You always want to go lighter to darker ink, so that you don't "contaminate" your ink pads.

I also used my trusty Stamp-a-majig to line those leaves up perfectly with the tree trunks, as well as to make sure that my sentiment was straight and centered.  The final touches on this card came from the Ticket Corner punch (another favorite) and from using my Paper Piercer with the Mat Pack--that's how I got the straight lines of holes on the edges of the DSP.

I hope you've enjoyed this blast from the past, and that it inspires some future creativity.
Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Trendy Trees, Sweet Little Sentiments (retired)
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Yoyo Yellow (retired), Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Green Galore (retired), Glorious Green (retired)
Paper: Textured Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Washington Apple DSP (retired), Green Galore (retired), Whisper White
Extras: Ticket Corner Punch, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Stamp-a-majig

No comments:

Post a Comment