Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Digital Studio: Ways to Use It

When I first learned about My Digital Studio, I thought to myself that this would be a great way to test out stamp sets before buying, so I'd know that the stamps were ones that I really liked and would use often....but this is the first time that I've done that.  When Upsy Daisy was introduced, I really wasn't interested in it.  The set has grown on me, but I'm still on the fence...so I decided to test it out in My Digital Studio.

A great thing about My Digital Studio is that it's very easy to try out different color combinations and see how a stamp will look in a variety of ways.  While the first card featured Cajun Craze on Pumpkin Pie, this next one is Concord Crush on Elegant Eggplant...but I can't decide which color scheme I like better. Both work really well!  I do really like the font that the sentiments come in...

Finally, I decided if I was trying new stuff out in My Digital Studio, I might as well go all the way and play with the embellishments.  But how does this work for envisioning a paper card?  I don't think I could ever tie a bow so perfectly (though I could try...practicing is important!)  Also, this color combination of Regal Rose on Baja Breeze would never look this way in real life...unless I stamped the daisies on Whisper White and then cut them out, but that's not going to happen!

But I do like this stamp set--it's quick and easy to whip up a card, and the stamp set itself has everything you need: a big focal point and nice sentiments.  So what do you think?  Should I get the real thing?

Cheers!
~Melanie

Extras: My Digital Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment