Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Digital Studio: Ways to Use It 2

I'll admit it--I'm itching to have ink, paper, and stamps in my hands.  Though My Digital Studio is less messy and a lot easier to travel with, it just doesn't give me the same satisfaction as a true paper card does.  Of course, if I were printing these off, maybe I would feel differently!

Since I'm heading back to my creative corner tomorrow, today's way to use My Digital Studio is for planning purposes.  I own Vintage Vogue, but haven't used it very often.  So I decided to plan a card that I can make in real life when I get back home.

My plan is to use the Top Note Die--to do this digitally, I had to stretch out the Curly Label punch until it is *almost* the size of the Top Note.  My background here is Baja Breeze, and I plan to stamp the border image in Marina Mist.  The flowers and leaves will be trickier--I'm going to use masking, and stamp them on Whisper White (in Regal Rose, Rose Red, and Old Olive), and then probably cut the whole thing out so it can hang over the edge of the Top Note Die.  This was certainly simpler digitally!

Finally, My Digital Studio didn't have everything I wanted.  I think it would look really nice if the Top Note has a subtle background of French Script to it...but I don't have a digital version of that stamp.  So I'm just going to note my plan here, and urge you to keep tuned for the paper card so you can compare.  I'm thinking this might make a great wedding card?

Cheers!
~Melanie

Extras: My Digital Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment