Saturday, August 7, 2010

Go Ahead, Challenge Me


As you may recall, I started the year with some blogging goals, and one of those was to play in online challenges.  Well, now that it's August, I'm finally getting around to that--it's about time!  Today's card is for the challenge over at Pals Paper Arts, to make a masculine KISS (Keep It Simple, Sweetie) card.  Since I'm keeping it simple, I hopped on over to Clean & Simple Stamping for a nice layout, and found it in this week's offering, FTL102.  I follow both of these blogs and their challenges regularly, but this is the first time I've been able to create a suitable card in the week it's due.  What do you think?

In keeping both with the KISS challenge and with the clean and simple layout, this is a one-layer card that was quick and easy to put together, and hopefully is a gender neutral way to express my thanks.  I went with the brown and blue combination (in Early Espresso and Marina Mist) both because I love these new colors, and because I think this combo is appropriate for anyone.  In fact, it's one of the main color schemes in my apartment, so clearly I'm a fan.

I did use the Stamp-a-majig in my attempt to keep everything balanced, but even with help that can be hard.  My advice?  Just keep trying!  It really is true that practice makes perfect.  The finishing touch on this card is that line of paper piercing to tie together the circles and the sentiment that otherwise was floating at the bottom.

What do you think?  Is this challenge worthy?
Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Circle Circus, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Marina Mist, Early Espresso
Paper: Whisper White
Extras: Stamp-a-majig, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack

6 comments:

  1. Very nice patterns on your circles. I like that you kept this one layer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout with great colors! Simple and perfect for a guy! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the Early Espresso and Marina Mist combo - it's perfect! Love the KISS acronym too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and a great take on the KISS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout! The paper piercing is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the simplicity. Following you now from SC. I'd love it if you followed my blog as well.

    http://www.katherinesscrapnstamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete