Friday, November 21, 2014

Home for the Holidays


This is the time of year when holiday travel looms, schedules overflow and stress levels are a little too high.  Which is a shame, since that makes it hard to enjoy the best thing--being home for the holidays, with family and friends whom you don't see enough.

I'm staring at a lot of travel and unusual schedules over the next month, but I can't wait.  Just like I couldn't wait to CASE this card when I saw it on Connie Babbert's blog.  It's just so perfect!  I love the glowing windows, the sparkly frame, and of course, the promise of Santa landing on the roof.


I had everything cut to make two of these at once...but then I couldn't stamp the sentiment straight--even though I tried twice and photopolymer is see through!--so I had to improvise.  I like this version as well, and was happy to use that script sentiment from Greetings of the Season.  In fact, I can't say which card I like more, so both are headed into my growing pile of cards to mail.  Another thing that makes this time of year hectic, but so much fun.

Cheers, and safe travels!
~Melanie

Stamps: Holiday Home, Greetings of the Season
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento, Bermuda Bay, Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Garden Green
Paper: Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer, All is Calm DSP
Extras: Big Shot, Homemade Holiday frailest, dimensional

No comments:

Post a Comment