Monday, July 18, 2011

Plant Some Hope


Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  I had a great time meeting so many new people at the yard sale, and look forward to seeing some of you again at my Open House this coming Sunday (2-5 PM).  Please stop by!  You'll get to see the projects I'm sharing this week in person, plus many more, and make some cards of your own to take home.  Plus I always have tasty treats to share, and what's not to love about that?

I am in love with FTL149 over at Clean and Simple Stamping.  This is the first of two cards I whipped up with this great layout yesterday--this one is great for a guy, and you'll see tomorrow that my other version is much more frilly and feminine.  Plant Hope is the star of this card, and I inked the bonsai tree in Old Olive.  My sentiment--a natural for Earth Day--is also from this great stamp set, and I used Not Quite Navy.

My color combination is from Paisley Petals DSP, which I used for the banner down the center of the card.  I added River Rock and Bravo Burgundy to round out my colors, and my finishing touch was a punched burgundy scallop trim border.

It's going to be a great week!  Stay tuned.
Cheers,
~Melanie

Stamps: Plant Hope
Ink: Old Olive, Not Quite Navy
Paper: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, River Rock, Bravo Burgundy, Paisley Petals DSP
Extras: Scallop Trim Border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment