Thursday, April 28, 2011

Summer Mini Sneak Peek


Finally, I make good on my promises!  Here is my first sneak peek from the Summer Mini, which goes live this coming Sunday, May 1st.  May 1 is always a great day in my book, and this just makes it even better.

I received my sneak peek goodies two weeks ago, but hadn't had any time to play with them.  Then I saw a fantastic card on Angela McKay's blog that inspired me to get started.  Of course, hours passed between the time I saw her card (on my morning commute) and when I made my own version (late in the evening), so this isn't an exact replica, but I like it anyway.

The sneak peek is a new punch--and you know how I love punches!  This one is extra spectacular, since it is a 3-in-1 punch that cut all of the shapes you see on the card.  That's right, the flower outline, the solid flowers (2 sizes!) and the petaled flowers all came from a single punch.  All these shapes offer great options for layering, but also work wonderfully for the embedded technique seen here, that uses the Big Shot and Square Lattice embossing folder.

The other elements of this card are also new to me, though they've been available for quite a while.  The banner shape for my message is from the Petal Cone die in the Occasions Mini (did you catch that on page 15?) and the fantastic "happy birthday" comes from Curly Cute, a set I've wished for ever since the Idea Book and Catalog was released last summer.  So glad I finally ordered it--I'm going to get lots of use out of this great set!

So that's your first sneak peek, but there are plenty more great treats in store.  Stay tuned!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Curly Cute
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Extras: Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Big Shot, Petal Cone die, Square Lattice embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment