Monday, April 25, 2011

A GrIndian Save The Date!

What better way to blend cultures and cultural imagery than on a card...especially for an upcoming wedding!  These happen to be very special to me because they are my own wedding save the dates.  Yup, that's partially the reason for my sporadic blog posts (I promise to be much better after July).




These stamps are not from SU but I wanted to share some of the great things about this card anyway.  The paper and embossing powder are SU (though retired) but the look is fantastic (I think, but I am a bit biased, haha).  I've gotten so many compliments on this card and though there were a few steps that made it tedious, it was pretty easy overall.

I knew I wanted a different shape and size so I planned that out first, checking out the various sizes of envelopes to make sure I had something to mail them out in.  =)  Then, I planned out the size of the text box and worked some MDS magic downloading both Indian + Greek-inspired fonts.  After cutting these out and mounting them on Razzleberry paper, I worked on the teal card backs.  As always I do everything as an assembly line: working on each element at a time and doing all 100 of them before moving on to another element.  The embossing was the time-consuming part.  The 'embossing buddy' is your best friend when emobssing...DO NOT skip this step...it will definitely make the difference between an "amateur" job and a "professional" looking job.  I stamped sets of 10 cards at a time with Versa and then would cover with the embossing powder & heat before moving on to the next set of 10.  Doing things in steps like this made the work easier and manageable.  I stamped all the envelopes with half the elephant as well in matching Taken with Teal ink.



The last step was of course my "hand stamped by Kiran" stamp on the back and a magnet so these beauties could be enjoyed by all!

Happy Stamping!
~Kiran

Stamps: non-SU Indian elephant, non-SU Greek Key Border
Ink: Taken with Teal (retired), Versamark
Paper: Taken with Teal (retired), Crumb Cake, Elegant Eggplant
Extras: bronze embossing powder (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment