Sunday, February 21, 2010

More Circles and Squares


Inspired by my earlier card, I decided to leave room for a sentiment this time. I chose another of the Circle Circus circles--this one would punch perfectly with the scallop circle (if you had it on hand, which I didn't). Again, stamped in bright colors, but I decided less is more, and went with fewer layers this time. My circles in squares were mounted on Glorious Green and then onto a Lovely Lilac card base (this combination is one of my personal favorites).

To make sure that my sentiment was crisp and perfect, I went with rub-ons instead of a stamp. I know I have a lot of favorites, but rub-ons really are the greatest thing ever! You get tremendous bang for your buck (this set, Chit Chat, includes sentiments for every occasion, and enough for you to do well over 200 cards!), and they always look sharp.

When you get your rub-ons, choose the sentiment you'd like and cut it out. Make sure you keep the backing paper with the rub on until you get it to your card. Then, once you've decided where the perfect placement is, removing the backing paper and literally rub on your sentiment with a popsicle stick (included with the rub-ons) or your bone folder. Gently peel away the clear paper--if any didn't transfer, put it back in place and rub some more. Then voila! Once the rub on is on your card, it won't come off, and it is the perfect touch.

This makes me want to use my rub-ons now. And for those of you who are more interested in decorating than card-making, you should check out Stampin' Up!'s Definitely Decorative line--they're rub ons for your walls, and oh so fun! I hope to put up some pictures of those soon, so stay tuned.

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Circle Circus
Paper: Lovely Lilac, Glorious Green, Whisper White
Ink: Lovely Lilac, Brilliant Blue, Pink Passion, Glorious Green
Extras: Chit Chat Rub-ons

No comments:

Post a Comment