Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hey Foxy


I can't take credit for this entirely, as it was inspired by some 3x3 cards by Angela McKay that I saw on Stampin' Connection (the demo-only site for sharing and swapping creations!), but I did tweak things a bit to come up with this valentine. Happily, this used up materials that I already had and didn't know what to do with, so it doubles as a "cleaning out my stash" project. Gotta love that!

On a Whisper White card base, I mounted a 4x5.25" rectangle of Real Red, and then a 3.75x5" rectangle of Real Red patterns from a 6x6" print pack that I had lying around. (Note: These print packs are available as a hostess reward, but you can also purchase patterned paper in Patterns Designer Series Paper in any of the colors available, which greatly widens the spectrum)

With my basic card ready to go, it was time to work on the details. Angela used circle punches for her animals, but I don't have those. Since Kiran wasn't handy to lend me her punches, I pulled out my new Scallop Trim Corner punch from the Occasions Mini, and cut a 1-15/16" square of Real Red. At that size, all I needed was the corner punch to create the design all around. The fox was easier, quickly punched out with my 1-1/4" square punch and ready for layering. I also turned to punches for my sentiment, mounting the Word Window punch on the Modern Label (a favorite of mine). For an extra pop, I used dimensionals to attach these to the card, and that's why the sentiment really stands out from the background.

I have to say, this was quicker to make than to explain. Deceptively simple, with lots of options for mixing and matching...

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Fox and Friends, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, retired Patterns Pack
Ink: Real Red
Extras: 1-1/4" Square punch, Scallop Trim Corner punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment