Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bright and Cheery!


Time for something new. Although I made this card months ago, it's new and different here. And very simple.

I started off with those circles, and knew I wanted to do some sort of repeating pattern, but I wasn't sure what. Oddly enough, it was squares to the rescue! *Note: this would have been easier to do with square punches, but I didn't have any at the time, so it was all cutting and measuring. I started by stamping my circle of choice in bright colors on Whisper White, then cutting those out by trial and error. Centering? Pure luck (and third attempts!) Once I had even squares, I measured and then added 1/16" to cut out a second set of squares from my bright paper, then another 1/16" for the last set.

Why 1/16"? Because I love that perfectly thin border it gives you.

With that done, I played around with my colors. Should I put the green galore on green galore, or mix it up? Clearly I decided for the latter. Then I got out my mat pack and piercing tool, to give this a little extra touch, and pierced one corner of each piece. Next, I matted it on a contrasting color and then put all the pieces together on my 4.25x4.25" card base.

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Circle Circus
Paper: Pacific Point (retired), Pink Passion, Orchid Opulence, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Ink: Pink Passion, Orchid Opulence, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise
Extras: Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment