Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's in the Mail...


I'm sending out my valentines today! At least, that's one of my goals--I have a few work things that I need to take care of first, and it looks I'm also going to have to do some serious shoveling to dig my car out. But since I'm mailing them, I thought I should share another valentine with you, just to get you in the spirit.

Remember all those Medallion cards I made? Well here is another, with the colors updated for Valentine's Day. The base of the card is Rose Red--and I've since gone on a Rose Red binge, since I decided that I really love it's dusty deep pink hue. Again, I used a brayer to ink up the Medallion with Versamark, and then stamped that twice--once on the Rose Red for the background, then again (after reinking) on Sahara Sand.

Then I got out my trusty pastels and sponge daubers, and chose whatever colors I liked (you'll notice that some purple worked it's way in--no surprise there!). A quick punch or two with the Full Heart Punch, and I had my layered heart to express my love in a lovely font.

That's it! I hope you'll be sending some Valentines this year too--if only to say hello.
Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Medallion, Well Scripted
Paper: Rose Red, Sahara Sand, Orchid Opulence, Regal Rose
Ink: Versamark
Extras: Stampin' Up! Pastels, Sponge Daubers, Full Heart Punch, Stampin' Dimmensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment