Friday, July 30, 2010

Thank You from the Bride


Ah, summer.  The season of sun, beaches, and WEDDINGS!  So far, I'm dodging the wedding bullet this summer, but next summer is a very different story.  Three of my best friends got engaged IN THE SAME WEEK (um, what were they drinking?) and so I know I've got quite a few celebrations in store for me.

I got to visit one of these brides-to-be a few weeks ago, and we found the dress.  You know the one--it's perfect in every way, makes all your friends gasp, and even inspires a woman walking into the room to spontaneous tears.  I kid you not; it is that one.  Too bad you only get to wear it once; a little everyday glamor of that sort could be nice.

On the other hand, the dress on this card can be used over and over again.  How perfect!  The bride asked me to make some cards for her to send to her bridesmaids, thanking them for joining her in all the planning and festivities, and this is what I came up with.  Her wedding colors are cornflower and sunflower, which I converted to Marina Mist and Daffodil Delight.  I'll wait until I hear back from her to know for sure, but I think these colors are PERFECT for what she has in mind. 

It's also a very simple card.  I borrowed For the Bride from Kiran, who keeps this set in her perfect paisley stash.  You can't find it in the current catalog, but it is still available!  Get in touch if you'd like to have one of your very own.  The sentiment, in my favorite script, is from Thank You Kindly, and I used the Stamp-a-majig for perfect placement.  The final touches came from the Scallop Edge punch and the Corner Rounder.  I hope these cards will bring a smile and some excitement both to the bride and her wedding party.

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: For the Bride, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Marina Mist, Basic Black
Paper: Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Extras: Scallop Edge Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Stamp-a-majig

No comments:

Post a Comment