Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thank You Hydrangea


More new stuff!  But before I tell you about all the exciting things I used for this card (which may even get opened by someone today--it's in the mail), I have to tell you how thrilled Kiran and I are that we have a Stamping Sunday this weekend!  This is a full day marathon of fun for us--breakfast together, playing with stamps and colors, trying new recipes, more playing with dies and embossing folders, eating tasty treats, and playing some more.  You get the idea.  We're sure to be productive, so check back often!

The focal point of this card is from Because I Care, a lovely Level 1 Hostess Set (meaning--almost anyone can earn this!).  I used In-Color Markers to ink it with Concord Crush, a nice deep purple, and Pear Pizzazz.  These are two of the new in-colors, and they'll be sticking around for TWO full years.  Usually I don't warm up to the in-colors until it's time for them to retire, so their new longer shelf life will mean that I have far more colors in my arsenal than normal--and that's a good thing!

Does the hydrangea look like it's stamped on cloth to you?  It almost feels like it in real life, thanks to a trip through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  The trick to this is stamping before embossing, and I very much like the look!

Final touches--that diamond pattern across the back was stamped in Pear Pizzazz, and it comes from Pendant Park, a set I recently received in a trade.  The sentiment, inked in Concord Crush, is from Because I Care.  The layout, which I'm very pleased with, happened by mistake.  I had everything lined up nice and straight, in accordance with my secret love of geometry, and then I accidentally knocked it askew.  And it was perfect!!  Once again, there's no such thing as a mistake when you're stamping.  :)

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Because I Care, Pendant Park
Ink: Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz
Paper: Whisper White, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz
Extras: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment