Monday, January 25, 2010

Valentine Attempt 1


So I've never really been a big fan of Valentine's Day. I mean, the idea is nice--you tell the people you love that you love them--but it's so commercial and over the top at every single store from Jan 1st on. And since I famously once told a few hundred people, "I'm not a mushy, sappy, annoying kind of person" (and I did mean it), cards covered in hearts and screaming out in reds and pinks aren't so much my thing.

That said, I always love sending (and receiving! hint, hint) mail, so I am going to make some Valentines this year. Or at least I'll try. One of my goals for 2010 is to be in better touch with my friends afar, so this is the perfect chance to dust off that grade school tradition of giving all my friends a card. Here goes nothing...

Above is my first attempt at a Valentine this year. I like it--it's simple, striking--but it is missing something. So check back later this week to see how I jazzed it up...and then moved away from the Valentine color palette entirely. Hope you like...and I hope you'll be inspired to share the love, both platonic and passionate, with your friends and lovers come February.

Cheers,
Melanie

Paper: Real Red, Groom Specialty
Extras: Big Shot, Tulipe Die

No comments:

Post a Comment