Thursday, December 8, 2011

Variations on a Theme


Recognize this card?  You might; it's based on the same layout that I used for my celebrate any day card last week...but with all different colors, papers, and stamps.  I just loved this layout, and think I could use it for any number of cards to feature Stampin' Up!'s fantastic designer series paper...which I always love, even when the designs don't cater to my love of the geometric.

One of the great things about designer series paper (or DSP for short) is that each pack features a different selection of colors which you know will coordinate perfectly.  So you can look at any pack of DSP in the catalog (pages 183-186 of the Idea Book & Catalog), see what colors it features, and have new color combinations for your own creativity.  Normally, I wouldn't pair Bravo Burgundy, Not Quite Navy, and Tangerine Tango, but since Paisley Petals uses these colors, I knew I would have a winner.

Again, I used my Circle Scissors Plus to cut out the two circles, one of DSP and one of Bravo Burgundy cardstock.  My sentiment is from Curly Cute--I'm a huge fan of that font--and its inked in Basic Black.  The card base is Naturals White, so you can easily read what you write on the inside, and this is ready to go in the mail.  Yay!

Oh, were you checking in for today's bingo piece?  It's the snowman.  Good luck!

Happy Holidays,
~Melanie

Stamps: Curly Cute
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Naturals White, Not Quite Navy, Tangerine Tango, Bravo Burgundy, Paisley Petals DSP
Extras: Circle Scissors Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment