Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall Decor Project

Next Saturday, I'll be demonstrating at an all-decor party, so I've been busy coming up with samples to share.  Of course, I'll be featuring Decor Elements, but that isn't the only thing that Stampin' Up! offers for home decorating options.

Since fall is here, I wanted to have a nice wreath on our door, and this has kept me busy during my free moments last week.  I got this idea from the cover of last month's Stampin' Success--a great magazine that Stampin' Up! sends to all its demonstrators once a month.  It's another great perk of being a demonstrator, and I encourage you to consider all the other benefits.  The cover featured a number of ornamental balls that were covered in fall leaves, and the instructions were inside the magazine.


Here is my halfway there picture, so I can show you all the ingredients.  I bought a styrofoam wreath form at a local craft store, and also got my straight pins out of my sewing kit.  I used textured cardstock for this, and my Leaves #2 Die with the Big Shot.  I cut out lots and lots of leaves (6 sets from each color), and then embossed them using the new Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  Most of these colors are retired, since I was hoping to use up my stash--Sage Shadow, Summer Sun, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, and Chocolate Chip.  So by the time I was done cutting out all those leaves, I had a huge pile of 144 leaves, ready to go.  I thought it was a lot, until I got halfway and worried I'd run out!

No need to worry, I had a few left over.  I attached the leaves to the styrofoam using the straight pins.  Then, as I kept layering, I used those mini glue dots to attach the leaves to each other, making sure that they conformed to the wreath shape and covered up the pin heads.  It was a lot of work, but makes a great wreath for our apartment door...and I get to tell admirers that I made it myself!

Check back for great decor ideas all this week!
Cheers,
~Melanie

Paper: Sage Shadow, Summer Sun, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip
Extras: Big Shot, Leaves #2, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Mini Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment