Monday, October 18, 2010

A Beautiful Fall Challenge


Ah, fall.  Cool, crisp days.  Bright, cheery colors.  Warm, cozy sweaters.  I love this season!  That's why I just had to do this week's challenge over at Pals Paper Arts, PPA64.  The photo the design team chose for this week has all my favorite fall elements--and the expression on the model's face is just how I feel about this time of year.

For my card, I wanted to capture both her cozy sweater and the beautiful falling leaves in the background.  See how they glow?  I replicated the gold and yellow glow by using More Mustard, and then rolling the edges in Old Olive.  The brownish leaves were rolled in Cajun Craze instead of Old Olive.  Though there aren't any in the inspiration picture, bright red leaves are my favorite of the fall, so I got out Poppy Parade and stamped off once before putting it to the card.  Perfect, I thought.  To get the texture of the sweater, out came my Big Shot and the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I mounted this on So Saffron and then Old Olive

Since the image reminded me so much of fun fall days, I think I'll send this card to one of my college friends--we had many wonderful fall days together!  I got out a retired hostess set, Best Yet, for one of my favorite sentiments, but then didn't know what to stamp it on.  So I got my Big Shot out again (why did I put that away?) and the Leaves #2 die.  Note: This is the first die I ever bought, and it still is the one that gets the most use.  I just love it!  I cut a leaf from Poppy Parade, then used Stazon to stamp my sentiment and dimmensionals to pop the falling leaf.

Happy Fall!
~Melanie

Stamps: Day of Gratitude, Best Yet
Ink: More Mustard, Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Poppy Parade
Paper: Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Old Olive, Poppy Parade
Extras: Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Leaves #2 die, dimmensionals

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors and the texture of your very pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete