Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just as Planned...Almost


As you'll recall, I did a little card planning in My Digital Studio last week--so you've already seen this card once.  And as promised, once I got back I made the real thing...and I learned a few things about how My Digital Studio compares to the real deal.

First of all, I had resized the stamp images by half for the digital card I showed you...and they were still MUCH bigger than actual size.  To remain true to my plan, I had to stamp the border image twice along the bottom, and my flowers with leaves don't take up nearly as much room along the side of that Top Note piece.  For the record, masking and cutting with the Paper Snips was a much more involved process than layering with "send backward" in My Digital Studio.

On the other hand, I was able to use En Francais for the background on that Top Note, stamping it in retired Pale Plum for just a hint of texture.  The "thank you" sentiment came from a retired hostess set--Warmest Regards--which is the reason for this card.  While I was home last week, I received a very generous gift of stamps and supplies from someone who has fallen out of love (is it possible?  apparently!) with paper-crafting.  Warmest Regards was among the sets she gave to me, and I adore that font...so even though it's retired, you may see it often.  This card went in the mail on Monday, and I hope it conveys at least a sliver of how grateful I am for all that I received.

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Vintage Vogue, En Francais, Warmest Regards (ret)
Ink: Marina Mist, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Old Olive, Concord Crush, Pale Plum (ret)
Paper: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla
Extras: Big Shot, Top Note die, Paper Snips, Dimmensionals

2 comments:

  1. This card looks great! Love the use of the flowers and the retired sentiment is also one of my favorites:-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I think the card looks better with the "real thing" too...as great as MDS is, I agree with you, there's just something about having that paper in your hands and gettin' inky! :) tfs

    PS - Followed you from SC blog thread! :)

    ReplyDelete